Check out this video here about nokia,sustainability and connecting people,very interesting clip.
We think every device should be made with the environment in mind. We don’t make one-off eco-friendly devices – all the handsets and accessories we produce fulfill our strict environmental criteria.
We continuously improve the environmental credentials of all our products, both in the high-end smart device portfolio, as well as in the more affordable feature phone range. We’ve long been a pioneer in phasing out substances of concern from our products. But it doesn’t stop there. We also look at
- improving energy efficiency
- using renewable materials and smart packaging, and
- creating environmental services that encourage people to adopt more sustainable lifestyles.
- Effective end-of-life practices close the lifecycle loop, putting energy and valuable materials back into circulation.
Additionally, we regularly introduce new, more sustainable materials such as bio plastics, bio paints, recycled metals and recycled plastics in our devices. We have reduced content inside the packaging which has allowed us pack our products in a minimized package. The packages are also made of renewable, 100 % recyclable material
Read more here
Today a new application was launched called Child Rescue Ireland by the Gardai, Details are below and be sure to download it. The app is also on Android and iOS.
Download CRI APP
The Nokia Lumia 2520 is now on sale at John Lewis UK.
They ship to Ireland, will you be buying one?
Lumia 2520 at John Lewis
IN a non worded article in the irish independent today we see a short video with the lumia 2520 vs the ipad Air.
The 2520 was announced at nokia world which we attended ,you might see some familiar faces. Thats @GadgetsBoy in the featured image sound guy indeed who we got to meet at the event.
You can watch the video here
Newstalk fm have now compiled a gadget of the year test as they do every year and the lumia 1020 makes the list this year.
There is some strong competitors in there too alongside the 1020 such as the htc one which proved a popular device for htc this year.
The winner will be announced on monday the 16th on the george hook show in the tech section hosted by jessica kelly and jonathan mc crea,this show is on every monday evening and popular.
You can also vote here for your choice of gadget of the year.
As christmas is approaching a new mobile phone is one of the top gifts this time of year.
We like our phones and they are part of our lives now and most cant live without them,these phones can range from cheap entry level models to high end expensive ones,and we would not like to loose them so here is some news and tips.
Over 12,000 mobile phones worth €5million have been stolen in the past year, Gardai have revealed.
New stats show that the number of stolen phones, the majority of which are smart phones, has increased by a third.
Gardai released the figures to highlight Crime Prevention Day of Action, which is promoting how people can avoid having their phone stolen.
Sgt Alan Roughneen, of the National Crime Prevention Unit, said: “Mobile phone theft is on the rise as gangs target high-value smart phones.
“These are expensive items and people should take the same care of them as they would any item that costs up to €500 and more.
“Smart phone owners need to be more vigilant, particularly when we are coming into a time of the year when they are more likely to be out socialising.
“All too often we see smart phones worth hundreds of euro being left out on tables in bars, nightclubs, café or restaurant tables while people chat and this makes it very easy for criminals to simply walk past and steal them.
To combat phone theft, Gardai recommend:
- Register phone with service provider
- Take note of unique IMEI number on mobile and store in location other than your phone. This number can be used to disable phone if it’s stolen
- Enable PIN security feature and keep phone locked at all times
- When out and about, keep phone out of public view
- Never leave your phone behind in an unattended vehicle
- Property mark your phone with unique letters or numbers
- Avoid making calls or texting while crossing the road
- If you have a smart phone, consider downloading a location finder App
- If making or receiving a call in public, always do so with your back up against the wall or a shop window etc so that you can see around you and reduce the opportunity to be attacked from behind
- If your phone is lost or stolen, immediately report it to An Garda Síochána and contact your Service Provider with your IMEI in order to have your number blocked
The nokia wireless charger DT-601 is now on sale from some online retailers.
Amazon have the best price and all colours are now available..
These are an new designed wireless charger and quite neat and look well,with nice colours to pick from which match the nokia lumia colour range.
Buy from amazon or expansys
Amazon and expansys now have the stock available…..
You can read about this in full here